In my previous blog, we discussed on Power BI limitation while connecting to Dynamics 365 V9.0. Earlier we had to use 8.x version in OData URL for Dynamics 365 V9.0 connection. With June 2018 update, Power BI added enhancements to OData V4 connector and now you can use OData URL with 9.0 version which is much faster than 8.x
Download June 2018 Update:
Refer link to download June 2018 update for Power BI.
Connect to Dynamics 365 V9.0 using OData:
- In Power BI desktop, select Get Data option and click on More to select Dynamics 365 online connector. Click on Connect
- Enter your OData endpoint URL with 9.0 version and click Ok
- You will be asked for authentication if not already signed in. Select Organizational account and login with credentials.
OData V4 enhancements with June 2018 update includes more features as below:
- Dataset refresh or load time is significantly reduced specially when feed contains complex types
- Improved Support for complex types. Complex types will be imported as nested tables now
For more information please refer link