Let’s see how we can make use of this new feature:
- You will see 2 tabs: Generic and Dependencies. Click on Dependencies tab (Available with Dynamics 365 V9.0)
- You will see 2 grids to add dependencies. Grid1 allows you to add web resources and Grid2 allows you to add attributes as dependencies. Click on Add button for Grid2
- Select entity and attribute. Click Ok. I have selected Sample as entity and First Name as attribute below
- Let’s try to delete “First Name” attribute from Sample entity. Error will be thrown “Cannot Delete Component” as below:
- Tagging also makes sure that the attribute cannot be deleted.
- Xrm.Page.getControl functions do not work for tagged attributes if not on form.