Power BI Dashboard or tiles can be embedded into Dynamics 365 personal dashboards. Power BI visualizations are not supported as system dashboards.
Before adding you must have:
- Setting enabled for your organization under Settings > Administration > SystemSettings > Reporting Tab > Allow Power BI Visualization embedding
1) Embed Power BI dashboard – With Dynamics 365 user has capability to create personal dashboard using Power BI dashboard published in Power BI service
- Go to Sales > Dashboards > New > Power BI Dashboard. You will be asked to sign in to Power BI account if not automatically signed in
Note – Dynamics 365 makes use of Azure Active Directory auth token to authenticate with Power BI which provides single sign-on experience
- You will be asked to select workspace in which Power BI dashboard is published and select which dashboard. Enable support for mobile using checkbox at bottom if required
- Once saved your Power BI dashboard will be loaded as a personal dashboard and will appear under My Dashboards
2) Embed Power BI Tiles – You can embed single Power BI tiles also instead of whole dashboard in your personal dashboard along with other charts, bars etc.
- Create or edit existing personal dashboard, either you can click on Power BI Tile ribbon button or click Power BI Tile icon within section to embed a Power BI Tile
- You will be asked to select workspace, Power BI dashboard and which Tile you want to embed as a third option. Enable support for mobile using checkbox at bottom if required. Click Ok
- Power BI Tile will be added and shown in section selected. Save & Close the dashboard
3) Sharing dashboard with Power Bi Visualization – To share your personal dashboard that contains Power BI visualizations you must configure sharing in both Dynamics 365 (online) and Power BI, and the user or group must have the same credentials and appropriate level of access in both services.
- To share your personal dashboard in Dynamics 365, go to Sales > Dashboards. In the list of dashboards, select the personal dashboard you want, and then click SHARE DASHBOARD. F
- To share a dashboard in Power BI, see Power BI: Share a dashboard with colleagues and others